The aim of the Workshop is to assist all participants in seeing and understanding Possibility and thus create a fresh, sustainable future for themselves and their relationships.
Whereas the written Book – or Guide – can get a bit abstract, the Workshop is relentlessly practical and experiential. You’ll be exploring Possibility in the company of a group of fellow explorers.
It is made available for those looking for the doorway through which to step.
The group will be limited to 30 participants, with a minimum of 15 required for the group to go ahead.
Depending on the location and the venue charges the cost of each workshop will vary. This charge will be shown when you click on the workshop you are interested in.
The Workshop is offered at the exact bare cost (travel, accommodation, venue, food and beverages) of staging the event, and this is shared equally among the participants. We offer a limited discount to those who can’t afford to pay their full share.
If a Workshop participant is there to transform themselves – or their relationship, career, business or organisation – John acts as the guide.
In John’s words, ‘I’m a partner in each participant’s transformation.’
The specific aim of the three days is personal transformation. The aim is for you to leave with a deeper experience of Possibility, or perhaps a conscious experience of Possibility for the first time.
At the very least, as a product of the process, you will come away:
- as a deeper listener to yourself, to others and to nature, listening to life with greater clarity and heeding what you hear in a heightened state of awareness;
- with more understanding of yourself and therefore of others and, as a consequence, a stronger feeling of kindness and understanding and a heightened level of wisdom and common sense;
- better able to make a loving difference in your relationships by being present and available;
- better able, by your presence, to bring others together in a way that nurtures their spirit and helps open their hearts and minds to Possibility;
- as a more loving, understanding wife, husband, parent, grandparent, friend, neighbour, colleague, leader;
- as a wiser woman walking down the street or a more understanding man standing in line at the check-out;
- being the leader the world desperately needs at this time in history.
We welcome the participation of individuals who are interested in seeing Possibility, not only for themselves, but for society and humanity as a whole.
It may be that you want to see a way of achieving:
- a fairer, kinder and more just workplace;
- a transformation from a society dominated by power and control leadership to one that values a true blend of freedom of expression and human decency;
- increasing numbers of entrepreneurs creating employment, and thus less dependence on welfare subsidies;
- a naturally occurring and sustainable redistribution of wealth from a growing minority to an increasing majority;
- workplaces that are fun, fulfilling and financially rewarding for employers and employees alike.
It’s for those who personally want to move from a consumption-driven, credit-based, increasingly debt-dependent, seemingly-never-satisfied materialistic lifestyle to one featuring greater simplicity, sustainability and inclusion.
- It might be for those who want to step off the treadmill without being killed financially.
- It might be for those who want to see:
- their children and grandchildren living in a world at peace with itself;
- world religions congruent with what their founder saw: a world of kindness, understanding, wisdom and common sense, not what some subsequent followers have made up;
- a quickening towards environmental sustainability;
- more politicians in service to their constituents and the common good, and fewer in service to vested interests;
- sustainable agricultural practices, adequate food supplies globally, and food and water that are poison-free;
- schools as places of discovery, liberty and Possibility rather than houses of robotic learning, restraint and narrow, ideology-based thinking;
- universities as places that encourage free thinking and Possibility;
- universities independent of global corporations pushing their particular financial or ideological interests;
- universities independent of ideological and political correctness from the left, right or centre;
- businesses that want to be profitable – not at the expense of the community or the environment, but as vital contributors to the health, wealth and well-being of all.
- It might be for people with a social conscience who want to be powerful, peaceful vanguards. People who want to gain clarity of thinking, see their purpose and take action. People who want to transform from being prisoners of problematic thinking and become architects of sustainable solutions.
- It might be for farmers, market gardeners, doctors, lawyers, teachers, plumbers, carpenters, mechanics …people from every walk of life who want to create a wholesome, decent community.
- It’s certainly for those who want and are willing to take 100% responsibility and be accountable for every nook and cranny of their life.
- Moreover, it’s for those who want to take power back from the illusory ‘them’ and who want to live in a society that understands that we (you and I) are 100- percent responsible for creating crime, unemployment and homelessness.
- Further, it’s for those of us that recognise that we are responsible for the marginalised and disadvantaged, the degradation and pollution of the environment, the taxpayer subsidies for unsustainable commercial practices and growing welfare dependency, the full jails and overflowing surgeries and hospitals.[these last 2 points, and the start of the next one, may seem a bit confusing/odd to those coming to your ideas ‘cold’. Perhaps delete?]
- It’s certainly for those who see that they are 100-percent responsible for what is happening right now globally and see Possibility in creating a new future, a just, sustainable, kind, welcoming, hospitable, inclusive, more fun-filled society.
- It’s certainly for those willing to turn their thinking upside-down and inside-out and recognise that, for better or worse, we are the creators of what we see or see and the reality we experience; and that, for better or worse, we either see from impossibility or see from Possibility.
- It’s for those who understand that we don’t have to fix ‘them’, but simply wake up to what we have created in our life, and re-create our own transformed future to make a difference.
- It’s for anyone willing to break out of their trance and see that ‘we’ are ‘them’. And that we can transform our lives, families, workplaces, neighbourhoods, countries, and the world.
- It’s for people who want to reclaim their streets, neighbourhoods, suburbs and cities.
- It’s for people who already understand that the world can be a happier, healthier and more sustainable place for this and future generations.
- It’s for people who want to see how to be part of the transformation by letting go of their past to create a future of Possibility.
The Workshop welcomes and encourages the participation of private-sector organisations, government and NGOs.
Your objectives may be to seek:
- a reduction in alcohol and drug use;
- a reduction in domestic violence;
- an increase in homeless people finding accommodation;
- an increase in disadvantaged youth entering education and employment;
- an increase in disadvantaged men and women participating in community;
- more people with disabilities welcomed into advantaged society;
- more Aboriginal people healthy and happy;
- more offenders rehabilitated rather than punished.
Come prepared to engage. Come prepared to discover for yourself what Possibility looks and feels like. There will be limited teaching, lecturing, hand-outs (other than the guide, Possibility – a copy will be provided free to participants upon enrolment) or discussion.
All questions (except questions seeking clarification) will more than likely be answered with a question. You already have all the answers to solve whatever puzzles you. Our job will be to simply keep pointing you in the direction of your innate connection to Possibility.
These three days will be no armchair ride. We will facilitate the process assuming that you are in self-discovery mode and not looking for more second-hand information. You already have enough of that, and it is part of the paralysis-by-analysis information overload that we live in; it’s more of the umpteen unread or un-actioned surveys, reports, books and expert analyses.
This Workshop is a time to reclaim your power as an equal among equals, exploring your mind and the unlimited power of Possibility.
We have no idea how these three days will work out, or if a single attendee will see authentic Possibility within their mind. We mean that. We offer no guarantees. We can assure you that we will treat you as a respected human being, equal in every way. You will be truly an equal among equals.
We will treat you as an important guest, and our hospitality will include wholesome foods, deliciously prepared. You will not go hungry!
You will not be asked to do anything other than to be part of the larger group and to be with others in small groups. You will not be asked to give more than a five-second introduction of yourself – e.g. ‘I’m John Wood from Darlington’ – or you can pass on introducing yourself. We will not ask you why you are here or what you want to gain from attending. Our assumption is that you are seeking your own transformation.
Each person will be given a name badge with their first name shown.
Our priority is the safety and inclusion of each individual. We will be vigilant throughout the three days to ensure that each person feels safe to explore their inner world at all times.
Exploration and self-discovery, rather than ‘being taught’, are the key objectives during the Workshop.
Listed below are some of the obstructions to seeing Possibility, the habits which most of us innocently employ to live our daily lives.
They are blocks to seeing Possibility; they keep us stuck in our conditioning, in impossibility. For the duration of the Workshop, we will ask that you let go of:
- giving advice to anyone on anything, even if asked;
- coaching anyone, even if asked;
- telling parts or all of your story or anyone else’s story, even if asked;
- answering for anyone else, even if asked;
- giving the small or large group your opinions, beliefs and judgements, even if asked;
- correcting anything you think, hear or see is out of place, including any breaches of these requests, even if asked;
- taking notes, as doing so is a block to seeing. Remember, this is about seeing Possibility, not about learning another method.
The only possible exceptions to the above are the safety and well-being of each attendee.
Each day we will reflect on a series of questions created to assist you to see into the way you think and to see into and beyond your answers. There are no right or wrong answers to the questions we will pose. The answers will reflect each person’s separate reality and, we trust, be your stepping stone to seeing Possibility.
The distinction between being taught and the self-discovery process we employ is this: ‘being taught’ is gaining knowledge from another source and is, by definition, second-hand information. Going from the known of others to you knowing at the intellectual level is just more accumulation. As well-informed and important as that information might be, it is another person’s discovery. Our aim is for you to make your own discoveries. To go from what you know, to be willing not to know. It is in the state of not knowing that we see Possibility.
Knowledge can be gathered about and around Possibility, but the experience of seeing Possibility is unlikely to be had from second-hand information, even from the most enlightened source.
As mentioned in the guide, self-discovery seen via original Thought is yours. You own it! You can rightfully claim 100-percent ownership of whatever you find within the clear space of your mind. It comes from your innate capacity for experiencing original Thought and is yours for life. It is an unshakeable, deep-seated understanding, and – it’s still not ‘the truth’. Rather, it’s the result of you or me seeing Possibility at that point in time. There is always and will always be more to see.
Please consider joining us at the next Realm of Possibility Workshop.
I would love to meet you there … John